DIY: A Cute Bat Pumpkin

Thursday, October 30, 2014


DIY: A Cute Bat Pumpkin

Hello everybody, I have another DIY for you all. It's a cute bat pumpkin. I used a small pumpkin for this but you can use a bigger pumpkin if you want. It's very simple and easy but it's a little bit messy.

This is my first pumpkin carving. So my carving isn't the best. The bat didn't come out exactly how I wanted it to be. The bat has a longer wing on one side than the other. So now the bat looks like it's flying. I still like it and it's still cute.

You will need...

A small or large pumpkin.
What you would normally use for Pumpkin tools.
A picture of a bat.
A real or a fake candle.

Step One

Take your pumpkin and start to carve the stem off of it. Then take the seeds out.

Pumpkin

On the stem of the pumpkin it looks like there is a face.

A pumpkin with a stem that has a face on it.

Pumpkin

Step Two

Find a bat you like on the internet and print it out.

A paper bat

Step Three

You can place the bat on the pumpkin by holding on to it or by placing pins on it and make indents on the pumpkin. You don't have to all the way through until you take the bat off. You can carve out two bats if you want one on the back and the front. I only carved out one bat.

Take the bat off and start to carve the bat out of the pumpkin.

A pumpkin with a carved bat.

Step Four

Place the candle inside the pumpkin. You can use a fake or a real candle. I used a fake candle.

A pumpkin with a carved bat and a candle inside it.

 Here are some pictures of what it looks like in the dark.

A pumpkin with a carved bat in the dark.

A pumpkin with a carved bat outside.

The candle reflected a bat on the wall.

A pumpkin and a reflection of a bat on the wall.

A reflection of a bat on a wall from a pumpkin.

 Here are some pictures of Minnie posing with the pumpkin.

Minnie is thinking "I'm going to close my eyes before you can get a picture."

Minnie, Chihuahua sitting next to a pumpkin.

Minnie, Chihuahua behind a pumpkin.

Minnie, Chihuahua next to a pumpkin.

Minnie, Chihuahua sleeping next to a pumpkin.

Rocky says "How could she not give me my treat? I'm so cute!"

Rocky, Golden Shepherd next to a pumpkin.

Here's a short video of what it looks like in the dark and in the daylight. Rocky and Minnie are also in it and Rocky almost eats the pumpkin!


I hoped you enjoyed this DIY! What do you think of this bat pumpkin?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow this looks great!

    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for your comment! :) I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Make sure to come back to see if I replied back, for new posts, and put your blog link in your comment and I'll check your blog out. I love to read your comments! :D

recent posts

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe